I was reading Purpose-driven life and it really struck me. Let me share to you what God wants to tell you
You are not an Accident!
Your birth was no mistake or mishap, and your life is no fluke of nature. Your parents may not have planned you, but God did.
He was not at all surprised by your birth. In fact, he expected it. Long before you were conceived by your parents, you were conceived in the mind of God. He thought of you first. It is not fate, nor chance, nor luck, nor coincidence that you are breathing at this very moment. You are alive because God wanted to create you!
God prescribe every single detail of your body. He deliberately chose your race, the color of your skin, your hair, and every other feature. He custom-made your body just the way he wanted it. He also determined the natural talents you would posses and uniqueness of your personality.
- “The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me”
- You know me inside and out, you know every bone in my body; You know exactly how I was made, bit by bit, how I was sculpted from nothing into something.
- You saw me before I was born and scheduled each day of my life before I began to breath. Everyday was recorded in your Book!
- While there are illegitimate parents, there are no illegitimate children.
- God never does anything accidentally, and he never makes mistake.
- Long before he laid down earth’s foundations, He had us in mind, had settled on us as the focus of His love.
- The only accurate way to understand ourselves is by what God is and by what He does for us
- I have carried you since you were born; I have taken care of you from your birth. Even when you are old, I will be the same. Even when your hair has turned gray, I will take care of you. I made you and will take care of you.
Isaiah 44:2 I am your Creator. You were in my care even before you were born
By Russell Kelfer
You are who you are for a reason.
You’re part of an intricate plan.
You’re a precious and perfect unique design,
Called God’s special woman or man.
You look like you look for a reason.
Our God make no mistake.
He knit you together within the womb,
You’re just what He wanted to make.
The parents you had were the ones He chose,
And no matter how you may feel,
They were custom-designed with God’s plan in mind.
And they bear the Master’s seal.
No, that trauma you faced was not easy.
And God wept that it hurts you so;
But it was allowed to shape your heart
So that into His likeness you’d grow.
You are who you are for a reason,
You’ve been formed by the Master’s rod.
You are who you are, beloved,
Because there is God!
From Chapter 2 of Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren…